According to Edward Pearson, the Bain family owned the farm where the Presbyterian Cemetery now stands. Donald Bain sold a piece of the property to the Presbyterian Trustees. The story goes that Mr. Bain was building a log house and when putting up the rafters, one fell down and broke his neck. He was buried on the property. Over the years others were buried there and when George B. Alderson purchased the farm, the cemetery transaction was formalized. In 1870 the original 26 pioneers who settled in the Kintore area set up the plan for the cemetery and drew their plot numbers out of a hat. Their plots are to be found in Section B, the first and second rows, from numbers one to thirteen and fourteen.